Students will complete four credits (in Upper School) of at least one world language offered in the World Language department.
Exception: Students may apply to verify proficiency in a second language through an approved language proficiency assessment. Students demonstrating proficiency are still required to enroll in an additional world language for two years as a requirement for a Bolles diploma.
The following courses will be required of all Bolles GLE Scholars:
- Advanced Global Leadership — Honors (9, 10 and Grade 11 for ’23–’24)
- Human Geography AP (10–12)
- Comparative Government AP (11, 12)
- Semester-long Global Online Academy course
- Second Global Elective (11, 12) to be developed
The following activities will be required of all Bolles GLE Scholars while in upper school.
- Participation in a minimum of one (1) Bolles International travel program, including an online global journal
- Attendance at four off-campus presentations or lectures on global topics
- Attendance at eight Bolles Global Student Dialogues
- Participation in at least one extracurricular activity, followed by sharing learning outcomes with the wider school community. Examples of activities are Congrès, Student Diversity Leadership Conference (SDLC), etc.
- Two years of involvement in Student Global Connections Committe, with at least two years as a committee leader. One of these years, participate in a Global Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Sustained engagement in additional globally focused Bolles clubs/committees. Minimum two semesters
- Involvement in Bolles Residential Life Program. Minimum one (1) year
- Fulfill a leadership role during Make A Difference! Day: UN SDG as a senior
Financial aid for required travel: Students receiving need-based financial aid from Bolles may be eligible for assistance to support the required travel expected as part of the Bolles Global Scholar program.
- The following are required of all Bolles GLE Scholars while in upper school:
- Intercultural Development Inventory
- Global Competence Aptitude Assessment
- Presentation at the Global Association Panel/TedXBolles. A small part will be presented in a second language chosen
- Students must be in good standing in both academics and behavior
For transfer students: Proportional workload will be adjusted depending on the year of entry to Bolles.
The proportional workload will not apply to the four years World Language requirement.