Jordan Jackson ’16 and Kyle Johnson ’16, both members of the Air Force Academy football team, were named to the Florida Times-Union’s 2018 All-First Coast Football Bowl Subdivision Team. The Times-Union’s Justin Barney, Clayton Freeman and Garry Smits selected the team, honoring the top college football players at the FBS level from the local area.
Jackson, a sophomore defensive lineman, led Air Force with 12.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. He finished the season with 54 tackles in 12 games and was named to the All-Mountain West Second Team. A junior linebacker for the Falcons, Johnson ranked second on the team with 70 tackles, including 7.5 for loss.
Bolles ranked second in the area with the most FBS players in the 2018 season with 15. In addition to Johnson and Jackson, the following alumni were on FBS level rosters in 2018:
- Dexter Carter Jr. ’15, Georgia Southern University
- Zac Crosby ’16, University of South Alabama
- Orlando Heggs ’18, Wake Forest University
- Josiah Johnson ’18, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Mac Jones ’17, University of Alabama
- Nick Lewis ’18, University of Kentucky
- Jack Lundgren ’17, US Naval Academy
- Trenton McGhee ’15, Florida International University
- Tyrell Moorer ’15, Florida State University
- E.J. Porter ’17, Coastal Carolina University
- Rushton Roberts ’18, Colorado State University
- Ahman Ross ’17, Florida Atlantic University
- Mason Yost ’18, Liberty University