As part of their ongoing celebration of Presidents’ Day this week, Kindergarten students on both Bolles lower school campuses have been reflecting on Presidents of the United States as well as what they would do if they themselves were President.
Students in Brittany Hetland’s Kindergarten class on the Bolles Lower School Ponte Vedra Beach Campus read a book about Abraham Lincoln in class and practiced discussing and writing their thoughts as part of a reading assignment.
Bolles Lower School Whitehurst Campus Kindergarten teacher Teresa Hudson asked students to think about what they would do if they were President of the United States, and to demonstrate it with a picture. Students are using inventive spelling, allowing students to write the sounds they hear, to articulate their plans. Here are a few of their ideas:
- I would tell everyone to be nice. – Landen
- On the first day of my job, I would decorate the White House. – Lyla
- I would tell anyone what to do and be nice to everyone and like everyone, love everyone and be kind to everyone. – AJ
- I love being the boss a lot. – Emerson
- I will tell people what to do and move stuff. I will help kids stop fighting. – Sara
- I would try to stop the Coronavirus and try to make the world a better place. – Claire