- The Upper School Dance Program at The Bolles School was launched in 1993.
- Course curriculum includes ballet, modern, contemporary, jazz, tap, hip-hop, musical theatre, African, injury prevention and treatment, kinesiology, dance history, composition and choreography.
- There are three levels in the upper school, with placement in the higher levels being determined by a faculty evaluation process.
- Both male and female students enroll in dance classes, and work to enhance their coordination, strength, flexibility and have a great time.
Interview with Bolles Director of Dance,
- All dancers participate in the Spring Dance Concert each spring, as well as the Senior/Student Choreography Concert, featuring student, and in particular, senior choreographers.
- There is a performing group, Bolles Repertory Dance Theatre, with participants admitted by auditions. These dedicated dancers commit to rehearsals two days a week throughout the year. The company has performed at the National High School Dance Festival and numerous regional and community venues.
- An exciting component of the dance program at Bolles is the regular incorporation of guest artists. These visiting artists work with the dance company to set numbers and teach master classes. A few of our guest artists through the years include:
- Matthew Rushing from the Alvin Ailey Company
- Mia Michaels
- Brice Mousset
- Jowalla Zollar from Urban Bush Women
- Donlin Forman from the Martha Graham Company
- Derek Mitchel from So You Think You Can Dance
- Renowned tap dancer Arthur Duncan