ArtsBecause the Arts are an integral part of human history and experience we believe that every student’s education should be enriched by at least one of the arts disciplines in order to gain a broad cultural and historical perspective. Through the study of the performing and visual arts, Bolles’ students are more able to communicate clearly, analyze abstract images, use discriminating judgement and understand their world.
- Bolles offers a dynamic and comprehensive program in the fine and performing arts as part of a complete education for students in every grade level.
- The curriculum in each area of the visual and performing arts offers a logical progression through the varied tools, techniques and skills necessary for successful translation from idea to final form. Technical experience and artistic expression are enhanced through frequent practice, exhibition and performance.
- Disciplines include dance, drama, instrumental music, vocal music and visual arts through academic classes and extracurricular activities. Bolles students are given the opportunity to not only express themselves, but also discover All Things Possible through the arts.
- Approximately 85% of the Bolles student body participates in over 100 performances and gallery shows within the Fine and Performing Arts Department each year.
Interview with Bolles Director of Fine
and Performing Arts, Laura Ripple
- The Bolles Upper School San Jose Campus and Lower School Whitehurst Campus are enriched by the McGehee Auditorium, Lynch Theatre and the Cindy and Jay Stein Fine Arts Center, which includes Gooding Gallery and the Independent Life Music Building.
- On the Bolles Middle School Bartram Campus, the state of the art Betsy Lovett Center for the Arts includes Parker Auditorium and the Murchison-Lane Gallery.
- Ponte Vedra Hall provides flexible space for school gatherings and events, and is an outstanding venue for student performances and shows. A new multipurpose building is being planned on the PVB Campus which includes music and drama space, an entrance gallery, a stage and an indoor/outdoor amphitheater. Fundraising is still underway—read more about this exciting project.