The Bartram School for Girls
Bartram School for Girls was founded in 1934 by four Jacksonville families: the Atwoods, the Gibbs, the McCrorys and the Osbornes. It was located at Glynlea, the home of their friend, Madeleine Downing Knight, on the south bank of the Arlington River and was originally named Glynlea School. Miss Olga Pratt was the founding head of Glynlea, assisted by her colleague, Miss Lula Miller. The school relocated in the spring of 1938 to its permanent campus on Little Pottsburg Creek and was renamed Bartram School. In 1991 it merged with The Bolles School and became the current middle school campus and home of the girls boarding program.