Community Events2017 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light The Night
Light The Night Walk is LLS’s annual walk and fundraising event and the nation’s night to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Teams of friends, family and co-workers raise funds for LLS’s mission: To cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Walkers carry illuminated lanterns—white for survivors, red for supporters and gold for those who have lost a loved one to blood cancer.
Form a team for Light The Night with these few steps:
- Visit www.lightthenight.org/ncfl, and select Jacksonville to register your team.
- Recruit 10+ team members to participate with you. (attached is a guide to help you)
- Set a team goal – LLS staff is available to host a goal planning meeting if teams are interested
- Raise funds – LLS staff available with fundraising resources
- Attend Light The Night, 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, November 17, at EverBank Stadium. The whole family is welcome – there are even fireworks!
- The Light the Night Community Kickoff is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on September 14 at EverBank Stadium East Assure Club.