Learn about local community events, updated here throughout the school year. These opportunities are open to all in the Bolles community who wish to support these various organizations.
2017 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light The Night
Light The Night Walk is LLS’s annual walk and fundraising event and the nation’s night to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Teams of friends, family and co-workers raise funds for LLS’s mission: To cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Walkers carry illuminated lanterns—white for survivors, red for supporters and gold for those who have lost a loved one to blood cancer.
Form a team for Light The Night with these few steps:
- Visit www.lightthenight.org/ncfl, and select Jacksonville to register your team.
- Recruit 10+ team members to participate with you. (attached is a guide to help you)
- Set a team goal – LLS staff is available to host a goal planning meeting if teams are interested
- Raise funds – LLS staff available with fundraising resources
- Attend Light The Night, 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, November 17, at EverBank Stadium. The whole family is welcome – there are even fireworks!
- The Light the Night Community Kickoff is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on September 14 at EverBank Stadium East Assure Club.
Join Bolles on Saturday, November 18, at EverBank Field for the 8th Annual McKenzie’s Run. The cost of registration is only $15 per person when you sign up under our Bolles team.
Created in loving memory of McKenzie Wilson, the The McKenzie Noelle Wilson Foundation’s mission is to help young people recognize their full potential. Visit caregivegrow.org for more information.
This year’s Run will once again finish inside EverBank Field where participants can see themselves cross the finish line on the massive video boards. The one-mile fun run begins at 9:30 a.m., and the 5K at 10 a.m.
The Foundation has created a new tradition by selecting a young person who embodies its mission to serve as McKenzie’s Run Captain. Singer, songwriter and Jacksonville native, Rion Paige, will lead the start of this year’s Run.
Register today at mckenziesrun.org. Thank you for honoring McKenzie and her legacy!